Columbia Gorge Kids Marathon on Sat, Oct. 26, 2013 – 4 PM
Cascade Orthopedics and Gorge Spine & Sports Medicine Physical Therapy and Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital invite you to join us in promoting exercise and good health through the Columbia Gorge Kids Marathon on Sat, Oct. 26, 2013. Your participation is a great way to get Gorge area kids excited about physical education and reward them for their accomplishments.
What is the Kids Marathon?
This is an extension of the Columbia Gorge Marathon. The goal of the Kids Marathon is to provide children a springboard for a lifetime of healthy habits by helping them accomplish the goal of running an entire 26.2 miles – or 13.1 half marathon! The difference is the kids will be running and logging the distance between now and race day. Kids may log their Run 4 Fitness miles, soccer or football practice, going on a hike, P.E. class, or other physical activities they are participating in!
They will complete the 1.2 mile run at the Columbia Gorge Marathon on Sat, Oct. 27, 2012 at the Hood River Marina. Kids will cross a safe, sectioned-off area of the same finish line as adult marathoners, amidst a cheering crowd of spectators!
- Kids that do not log their miles towards the marathon, can still do the 1.2 mile Fun Run!
- Entry is $10.
- You can sign up the day of the event on the Hood River Marina Lawn from 2:30-4:00 PM.
Kids in Kindergarten through 5th grade are eligible. Kids must complete 25 miles prior to Saturday, Oct. 26 and bring their log sheet to registration. Kids who track and complete the entire marathon distance receive a pair of Columbia Gorge Marathon designed t-shirt and finisher’s medal as they cross the finish line!
What do you need to do?
It’s easy! Parents, teachers or coaches assist kids in running and logging 25 miles prior to race day. This can be accomplished on your own or through the school during physical education or as a classroom activity. The key is to log the miles! In addition, Tom Moline from Gorge Spine & Sports Medicine Physical Therapy will visit your classroom to promote the program, explain the run details and answer any questions.
Bring your log sheet to the race sign in on October 26 at the Hood River Marina lawn, between the hours of 2:30-4:00 PM
The organizers of the Columbia Gorge Marathon, Gorge Spine and Sports Medicine Physical Therapy, and Cascade Orthopedics enthusiastically support educational programs and organized activities that promote and maintain healthy lifestyles.
If you have questions, please feel free to call:
Tom Moline at 541-386-9511
We look forward to your participation and continued work in creating environments where our children thrive.
Tom Moline, Gorge Spine and Sports Medicine Physical Therapy
- Start at 4:00 PM
- The run will be 1.2 miles!
- Fun run kids will receive a finishers medal.
- Kids finishing their marathon or half marathon (ie, kids with log sheet) will receive a Columbia Gorge Marathon designed t-shirt and medal. Marathon runners will receive a yellow shirt, and half marathon finishers will receive a blue shirt.
- You may sign up the day of the race between 2:30 and 4:00 PM at the Hood River Marina lawn.
- Cost is $10.
- Fill out the top info on the log
- Keep track of the miles run daily and the date
- Keep adding up your mileage for race day!
- Bring your log sheet to the race on October 26.